- .@FireEye CEO Dave DeWalt will appear on @CNBC at 10:20 ET following the bell ringing... http://t.co/7cwTupeDTJ http://t.co/BqVUHM2UFh - posted 4 days ago
- @Spotify Acquires @echonest, Gaining Control Of The Music DNA Company http://t.co/1ha4sa8Rue via @TechCrunch @NorwestVP - posted 4 days ago
- @Spotify Acquires @echonest, Gaining Control Of The Music DNA Company http://t.co/byXZTnkgd1 via @TechCrunch @NorwestVP - posted 4 days ago
- @Spotify Acquires @EchoNest, Gaining Control Of The Music DNA Company http://t.co/KqMOfkLihe via @techcrunch @norwestvp - posted 4 days ago
- Spotify Acquires The Echo Nest, Gaining Control Of The Music DNA Company That Powers... http://t.co/YvrHPIuvc0 http://t.co/OUHlj0uORT - posted 4 days ago
- The Morning Leverage: Norwest Pumps New Capital Into Heart Safety - Private Equity Beat... http://t.co/j14Jic3dR4 http://t.co/eKrdNrCrRH - posted 4 days ago
- @topoathletic featured on @theactivetimes 20 Best Running Shoes of 2014 List @NorwestVP http://t.co/Oeox6kveTJ http://t.co/BX3tglKENL - posted 4 days ago
- @topoathletic featured in @theactivetimes 20 Best Running Shoes of 2014 List @NorwestVP http://t.co/nuFh7LSA0N http://t.co/oupPvZxivs - posted 4 days ago
- Study finds @Lumosity games might be able to diagnose liver disease... http://t.co/FcjRwL5sa7 http://t.co/96kbO8M5aJ - posted 4 days ago
- Norwest Venture Partners makes growth investment in iCardiac Technologies http://t.co/EqHd8Oq8MS via @peHUB - posted 4 days ago
- Clarus Marketing Group Launches DeliveryDeals in UK http://t.co/xHvpxqFeX9 - posted 5 days ago
- Join NVP's Casper de Clercq and @sonnyvu from @Misfit at the #sxsw Accelerator panel on Wearable Technologies on 3/8! http://t.co/jAWERIxADR - posted 5 days ago
- Surviving a Conference Call: How to Stop Rambling, Multitasking & Zoning Out via @WSJ... http://t.co/Ma9uoI4tu9 http://t.co/K3SgCoMJcE - posted 7 days ago
- .@ClarusMGroup Can Help You Stop Amazon in Its Tracks « Clarus Marketing Group http://t.co/1yBHexzaPy - posted 1 week ago
- Happy 5th Birthday @Quirky! Thanks for making #invention accessible http://t.co/33NwglKtKE http://t.co/uktJQgwwdG - posted 1 week ago
TagsAdaptive Planning AdExchanger ad tech Big Data Blue Jeans Network BYOD CareCloud Cloud e-commerce entrepreneur entrepreneurs FireEye funding Gemvara Gilt Groupe growth equity Hadapt InsightsOne Jeff Crowe Josh Goldman Lending Club Manthan Systems Matt Howard MobileIron ModCloth Motif Investing Norwest Norwest Venture Partners NVP Pertino Pinterest Promod Haque Quirky Rafter Ran Ding RetailMeNot Robert Abbott SaaS Sergio Monsalve SMB social commerce SundaySky The Retail Equation venture capital WhaleShark Media
Bailey44 – A Partnership for the Next Wave of Growth
After considerable research, we anointed women’s apparel as one of our core areas of focus within our broader consumer investing thesis. The industry represents a large and growing market with a number of strategic shifts fostering enticing investment prospects. We sought an opportunity to partner with a respected brand and strong management team where we could leverage Norwest’s strategic expertise in e-commerce, international expansion and marketing to build a major force within women’s apparel. We feel very fortunate to announce today that the Bailey44 team has selected Norwest as its partner for the next wave of the company’s already impressive growth. As a well-established, profitable and bootstrapped business, Bailey44 didn’t need an investment partner. The brand was already performing exceptionally well with broad penetration across most large and specialty retail doors. Therefore, we feel privileged that Bailey44 chose Norwest as a partner. We’re very excited to work collaboratively with the team, maintaining the company’s existing culture and vision while leveraging Norwest’s consumer experience and strategic resources.
We’re particularly enthusiastic about our investment in Bailey44 because of the growth opportunities that lie ahead in addition to the already strong base on which the brand is built. Bailey44 is run by an extraordinary management team that has worked together for nearly 10 years. They’ve diligently and consistently grown the business at an impressive rate over this time period while forging relationships with some of the most coveted retailers globally. The design team, with an already proven track record, has built a remarkable line and tactically embarked on category expansion. Among consumers, Bailey44 is known as a high-end, though not out of reach, brand catering to women of nearly all ages. While not overly fashion forward, Bailey44 offers women a variety of apparel for everything from casual to cocktail and desk to dinner. The results of our consumer studies suggested that design and fit are two of Bailey44’s most highly acclaimed attributes throughout the line. The company also has an exceptionally high Net Promoter Score which was among the highest we’ve witnessed in women’s apparel. Bailey44 has accomplished all of this with only minimal marketing efforts. We believe that this truly speaks to the strength of the core line and consumer attachment.
Deeply rooted in Bailey44’s growth strategy is the mission to deliver women more high quality apparel for a host of style needs and occasions. To accomplish this objective, the company will leverage its already strong brand and Norwest’s strategic resources to accelerate category expansion, increase distribution and grow globally. We have already embarked on several exciting strategic initiatives that are even further enhancing brand awareness and positioning. We also expect Bailey44 to benefit tremendously in the years to come from the trend of apparel purchasing shifting online.
A critical component of Norwest’s consumer investing thesis is to find brands that can leverage our network and strategic resources in the consumer industry. We will continue to search for these brands across segments of the consumer industry that align with secular themes uncovered through our ongoing research. Apparel, personal care, food & beverage, household products and consumer services will remain core areas of focus. Lastly, as partners to exceptional management teams, we remain keenly focused on maintaining the existing culture at the companies in which we invest. Bailey44 is an exciting addition to our consumer portfolio and will complement brands such as ToPo Athletic, ModCloth, PCA Skin, and My Alarm Center. We look forward to our long term partnership with the Bailey44 team.
Bailey 44 company funding e-commerce growth equity growth equity investments investment partner investment strategy ModCloth My Alarm Center Norwest Venture Partners NVP PCA Skin Rob Arditi Sonya Brown ToPo Athletic