- RT @VentureBeat: @ClearDataNet scores $14M to bring health IT to the cloud http://t.co/6h9ipZhP5u by @EricBlattberg - posted 2 days ago
- @ClearDATA Lands $14M To Give The Healthcare HIPAA-Compliant Cloud Alternative To @AWS @Rackspace http://t.co/lSLgPnNHl9 @norwestvp - posted 2 days ago
- RT @BlueJeansNet: Cisco's Tough Sell for Video Conferencing http://t.co/A8QPaZmecM via @BW - posted 2 weeks ago
- “@DomainVeggies: #FF @jbrod @BatteryVentures @NorwestVP @timolehes @kevinrose @vcrecruiter @BobDavisHCP @DJMartirano @KristinCalve @rowe" - posted 2 weeks ago
- @HAdamGhobarah @NorwestVP @VentureBeat So true. As an outsider looking in, looks like they were fighting above their body weight. - posted 2 weeks ago
- A huge congrats to the Skybox team! “Dnepr rocket successfully launched & SkySat-1 has officially reached orbit.” http://t.co/3kdUuvzZOv - posted 2 weeks ago
- .@TopoAthletic Laces Up for Speed and Rugged Trails http://t.co/i8TPI8jD1C - posted 3 weeks ago
- Newton-based @TopoAthletic rolls out new line of minimalist running shoes http://t.co/H7jKTCpTNT via @BostonBizNews - posted 3 weeks ago
- Smart proactive customer service that delivers results – Interview with Jim Dicso of @SundaySky http://t.co/HqyRD7rpcF - posted 3 weeks ago
- .@Lumosity's latest research shows that we can learn quicker http://t.co/245Cmo2G4D via @pandodaily - posted 3 weeks ago
- @VCSerge Many thanks, Sergio - we appreciate your support! @samarbirwadker @NorwestVP - posted 3 weeks ago
- @Deloitte Tech #Fast500 @FireEye @elementaltech @Apigee @ActOnSoftware @Sojern @Lumosity @adaptiveplans @Rackspace http://t.co/lbCQEl4oZ6 - posted 3 weeks ago
- .@Apigee Ranked 34th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte 2013 Technology Fast 500™ http://t.co/w62YKBorpR - posted 3 weeks ago
- .@Veveo Named as CES Innovations 2014 Design and Engineering Award Honoree http://t.co/q6tvb47iCD - posted 3 weeks ago
- Quirky Raises $79m, including $30m from GE to make connected home gadgets &LizGannes @allthingsd http://t.co/fMoXiBCB6V” - posted 3 weeks ago
Tags1010data Adaptive Planning Big Data Blue Jeans Network BYOD Cloud e-commerce entrepreneur entrepreneurs FireEye funding Gemvara Gilt Groupe Hadapt Hadoop InsightsOne Jeff Crowe John Herr Josh Goldman Lending Club Manthan Systems Matt Howard MobileIron ModCloth Motif Investing Norwest Norwest Venture Partners NVP Pertino Pinterest Promod Haque Quirky Rafter recruiting RetailMeNot Robert Abbott SaaS Sergio Monsalve SMB social commerce social media SundaySky The Retail Equation venture capital WhaleShark Media
Bailey44 – A Partnership for the Next Wave of Growth
After considerable research, we anointed women’s apparel as one of our core areas of focus within our broader consumer investing thesis. The industry represents a large and growing market with a number of strategic shifts fostering enticing investment prospects. We sought an opportunity to partner with a respected brand and strong management team where we could leverage Norwest’s strategic expertise in e-commerce, international expansion and marketing to build a major force within women’s apparel. We feel very fortunate to announce today that the Bailey44 team has selected Norwest as its partner for the next wave of the company’s already impressive growth. As a well-established, profitable and bootstrapped business, Bailey44 didn’t need an investment partner. The brand was already performing exceptionally well with broad penetration across most large and specialty retail doors. Therefore, we feel privileged that Bailey44 chose Norwest as a partner. We’re very excited to work collaboratively with the team, maintaining the company’s existing culture and vision while leveraging Norwest’s consumer experience and strategic resources.
We’re particularly enthusiastic about our investment in Bailey44 because of the growth opportunities that lie ahead in addition to the already strong base on which the brand is built. Bailey44 is run by an extraordinary management team that has worked together for nearly 10 years. They’ve diligently and consistently grown the business at an impressive rate over this time period while forging relationships with some of the most coveted retailers globally. The design team, with an already proven track record, has built a remarkable line and tactically embarked on category expansion. Among consumers, Bailey44 is known as a high-end, though not out of reach, brand catering to women of nearly all ages. While not overly fashion forward, Bailey44 offers women a variety of apparel for everything from casual to cocktail and desk to dinner. The results of our consumer studies suggested that design and fit are two of Bailey44’s most highly acclaimed attributes throughout the line. The company also has an exceptionally high Net Promoter Score which was among the highest we’ve witnessed in women’s apparel. Bailey44 has accomplished all of this with only minimal marketing efforts. We believe that this truly speaks to the strength of the core line and consumer attachment.
Deeply rooted in Bailey44’s growth strategy is the mission to deliver women more high quality apparel for a host of style needs and occasions. To accomplish this objective, the company will leverage its already strong brand and Norwest’s strategic resources to accelerate category expansion, increase distribution and grow globally. We have already embarked on several exciting strategic initiatives that are even further enhancing brand awareness and positioning. We also expect Bailey44 to benefit tremendously in the years to come from the trend of apparel purchasing shifting online.
A critical component of Norwest’s consumer investing thesis is to find brands that can leverage our network and strategic resources in the consumer industry. We will continue to search for these brands across segments of the consumer industry that align with secular themes uncovered through our ongoing research. Apparel, personal care, food & beverage, household products and consumer services will remain core areas of focus. Lastly, as partners to exceptional management teams, we remain keenly focused on maintaining the existing culture at the companies in which we invest. Bailey44 is an exciting addition to our consumer portfolio and will complement brands such as ToPo Athletic, ModCloth, PCA Skin, and My Alarm Center. We look forward to our long term partnership with the Bailey44 team.
Bailey 44 company funding e-commerce growth equity growth equity investments investment partner investment strategy ModCloth My Alarm Center Norwest Venture Partners NVP PCA Skin Rob Arditi Sonya Brown ToPo Athletic