- .@LendingClub Value Jumps to $3.8 Billion as It Buys Springstone http://t.co/qlVsvsrk8C via @BW - posted 6 days ago
- In Bid To Make Online Ads More Engaging, @true_X_media Taps Power Media Trio For Board http://t.co/xbLhmk27uA via @forbes - posted 6 days ago
- .@ActOnSoftware lands whopping $42 million VC round, among Silicon Forest's biggest ever http://t.co/Au7hkVG5dC - posted 1 week ago
- RT @VentureBeat: @ActOnSoftware raises $42M to double down on 'greenfield' marketing automation market http://t.co/i9X6OdIxPI - posted 1 week ago
- Counting On Supportive Healthcare - Attune Technologies offers integrated, cloud-based IT solutions http://t.co/zZMXDip4r7 - posted 1 week ago
- .@SundaySky gives clients the keys to video http://t.co/nnAPYDTgBN via @NYBizJournal - posted 2 weeks ago
- @7anirudh @NorwestVP @AiroCorp sounds good. - posted 2 weeks ago
- @RayyanIslam1 @NorwestVP @AiroCorp sure, write to me at email@example.com - posted 3 weeks ago
- @7anirudh Would @NorwestVP be interested in Artificial Intelligence startups? We're building @AiroCorp the world's first AI operating system - posted 3 weeks ago
- .@1010data named for 3rd year as Challenger in Gartner’s 2014 Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse Database Mgmnt Sys https://t.co/h3mbJILixh - posted 3 weeks ago
- Congratulations and welcome to the Forbes #MidasList @jeffmcrowe http://t.co/nhcsTJNxV1 - posted 4 weeks ago
- @Dartmouth rocks @Forbes #MidasList: Congrats @NorwestVP @jeffmcrowe, @ScottDSandell @BRobertsVC, @dfjjosh, Hurst Lin http://t.co/bZ5yWH4Llx - posted 4 weeks ago
- Congrats @promodhaque & @jeffmcrowe for making the 2014 @Forbes #MidasList of tech’s top venture investors http://t.co/iIsWN9UJDM - posted 4 weeks ago
- Intel confirms acquisition of health wearable company Basis Science (@mybasis) http://t.co/RH96WLDCeU via @MobiHealthNews - posted 4 weeks ago
- Congrats! RT @mybasis: We are excited to announce that Basis has been acquired by @intel. http://t.co/HvmYbVyqZd - posted 4 weeks ago
TagsAdaptive Planning AdExchanger ad tech Big Data Blue Jeans Network CareCloud Cloud David Su e-commerce entrepreneur entrepreneurs FireEye funding Gemvara Gilt Groupe growth equity Hadapt InsightsOne Jeff Crowe John Herr Josh Goldman Lending Club Matt Howard MobileIron ModCloth Motif Investing Norwest Norwest Venture Partners NVP Pertino Pinterest Promod Haque Quirky Rafter Ran Ding RetailMeNot Robert Abbott SaaS Sergio Monsalve SMB social commerce SundaySky The Retail Equation venture capital WhaleShark Media
NVP’s Investment in Manthan Systems
Most VC’s say they look for several key attributes when an investment opportunity comes together. It usually has to do with the entrepreneurs and the team, technology, market opportunity, competitive differentiation and market traction. When Manthan Systems, a leading provider of Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions for the retail and consumer packaged goods industries, met with us and was seeking funding, it was obvious that this was an exciting investment opportunity for the firm. Last week NVP announced its investment in Manthan Systems.
The things we looked for in this investment all lined up:
- Experienced Team: The founding team – CEO & founder Atul Jalan, is a successful serial entrepreneur. He sold his previous company, NetKraft, also in the retail sector, to ADEA Inc. Manthan Systems’ CTO, Vikas Gupta, has more than 15 years of technology experience in the retail space and was part of the founding team, with Jalan, at NetKraft. Pete Charness, the president of U.S. operations, also has deep experience in the supply chain and retail sectors, and his expertise lies in product management and marketing. The combination of experience, domain expertise and previous working relationships of the team showed us that this group was not only capable of building a big business, but also could do so without some of the growing pains that inexperienced or unfamiliar teams might face.
- Market Opportunity: Gartner estimated that the retail sector business application software market was an $8.1B market in 2009. This industry has only grown and become more sophisticated. Additionally, Gartner estimates that the retail analytics market is segmented and there are more that 10,000 + small to medium retailers (a 0.5B – $2B market) worldwide. This is a tremendous opportunity for Manthan to pursue many customers worldwide.
- Market Traction: Today, Manthan’s retail performance management solutions have been deployed with 70 of the biggest names in retail such as McDonald’s, Crocs, Ecco, Love’s, Ashley Stewart, Teavana, Robinsons, Ripley, Woolworth, SM Retail, Mydin, Abenson, Haggen and GAME Group Plc.
We are pleased and honored to support the Manthan team. As I noted in the press release, backing Manthan reinforces NVP’s belief in the next generation business analytics sector as shown through the firm’s recent investments in such companies as 1010data and The Retail Equation (TRE). For more information visit Manthan Systems, or click here to see a full copy of the funding press release. Additional details on the funding can also be found here.
1010data analytics business intelligence funding India Manthan Systems Mohan Kumar NVP retail analytics The Retail Equation