- .@FireEye CEO Dave DeWalt will appear on @CNBC at 10:20 ET following the bell ringing... http://t.co/7cwTupeDTJ http://t.co/BqVUHM2UFh - posted 24 hours ago
- @Spotify Acquires @echonest, Gaining Control Of The Music DNA Company http://t.co/1ha4sa8Rue via @TechCrunch @NorwestVP - posted 1 day ago
- @Spotify Acquires @echonest, Gaining Control Of The Music DNA Company http://t.co/byXZTnkgd1 via @TechCrunch @NorwestVP - posted 1 day ago
- @Spotify Acquires @EchoNest, Gaining Control Of The Music DNA Company http://t.co/KqMOfkLihe via @techcrunch @norwestvp - posted 1 day ago
- Spotify Acquires The Echo Nest, Gaining Control Of The Music DNA Company That Powers... http://t.co/YvrHPIuvc0 http://t.co/OUHlj0uORT - posted 1 day ago
- The Morning Leverage: Norwest Pumps New Capital Into Heart Safety - Private Equity Beat... http://t.co/j14Jic3dR4 http://t.co/eKrdNrCrRH - posted 1 day ago
- @topoathletic featured on @theactivetimes 20 Best Running Shoes of 2014 List @NorwestVP http://t.co/Oeox6kveTJ http://t.co/BX3tglKENL - posted 1 day ago
- @topoathletic featured in @theactivetimes 20 Best Running Shoes of 2014 List @NorwestVP http://t.co/nuFh7LSA0N http://t.co/oupPvZxivs - posted 1 day ago
- Study finds @Lumosity games might be able to diagnose liver disease... http://t.co/FcjRwL5sa7 http://t.co/96kbO8M5aJ - posted 1 day ago
- Norwest Venture Partners makes growth investment in iCardiac Technologies http://t.co/EqHd8Oq8MS via @peHUB - posted 1 day ago
- Clarus Marketing Group Launches DeliveryDeals in UK http://t.co/xHvpxqFeX9 - posted 2 days ago
- Join NVP's Casper de Clercq and @sonnyvu from @Misfit at the #sxsw Accelerator panel on Wearable Technologies on 3/8! http://t.co/jAWERIxADR - posted 2 days ago
- Surviving a Conference Call: How to Stop Rambling, Multitasking & Zoning Out via @WSJ... http://t.co/Ma9uoI4tu9 http://t.co/K3SgCoMJcE - posted 4 days ago
- .@ClarusMGroup Can Help You Stop Amazon in Its Tracks « Clarus Marketing Group http://t.co/1yBHexzaPy - posted 4 days ago
- Happy 5th Birthday @Quirky! Thanks for making #invention accessible http://t.co/33NwglKtKE http://t.co/uktJQgwwdG - posted 6 days ago
TagsAdaptive Planning AdExchanger ad tech Big Data Blue Jeans Network BYOD CareCloud Cloud e-commerce entrepreneur entrepreneurs FireEye funding Gemvara Gilt Groupe growth equity Hadapt InsightsOne Jeff Crowe Josh Goldman Lending Club Manthan Systems Matt Howard MobileIron ModCloth Motif Investing Norwest Norwest Venture Partners NVP Pertino Pinterest Promod Haque Quirky Rafter Ran Ding RetailMeNot Robert Abbott SaaS Sergio Monsalve SMB social commerce SundaySky The Retail Equation venture capital WhaleShark Media
NVP’s Investment in Manthan Systems
Most VC’s say they look for several key attributes when an investment opportunity comes together. It usually has to do with the entrepreneurs and the team, technology, market opportunity, competitive differentiation and market traction. When Manthan Systems, a leading provider of Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions for the retail and consumer packaged goods industries, met with us and was seeking funding, it was obvious that this was an exciting investment opportunity for the firm. Last week NVP announced its investment in Manthan Systems.
The things we looked for in this investment all lined up:
- Experienced Team: The founding team – CEO & founder Atul Jalan, is a successful serial entrepreneur. He sold his previous company, NetKraft, also in the retail sector, to ADEA Inc. Manthan Systems’ CTO, Vikas Gupta, has more than 15 years of technology experience in the retail space and was part of the founding team, with Jalan, at NetKraft. Pete Charness, the president of U.S. operations, also has deep experience in the supply chain and retail sectors, and his expertise lies in product management and marketing. The combination of experience, domain expertise and previous working relationships of the team showed us that this group was not only capable of building a big business, but also could do so without some of the growing pains that inexperienced or unfamiliar teams might face.
- Market Opportunity: Gartner estimated that the retail sector business application software market was an $8.1B market in 2009. This industry has only grown and become more sophisticated. Additionally, Gartner estimates that the retail analytics market is segmented and there are more that 10,000 + small to medium retailers (a 0.5B – $2B market) worldwide. This is a tremendous opportunity for Manthan to pursue many customers worldwide.
- Market Traction: Today, Manthan’s retail performance management solutions have been deployed with 70 of the biggest names in retail such as McDonald’s, Crocs, Ecco, Love’s, Ashley Stewart, Teavana, Robinsons, Ripley, Woolworth, SM Retail, Mydin, Abenson, Haggen and GAME Group Plc.
We are pleased and honored to support the Manthan team. As I noted in the press release, backing Manthan reinforces NVP’s belief in the next generation business analytics sector as shown through the firm’s recent investments in such companies as 1010data and The Retail Equation (TRE). For more information visit Manthan Systems, or click here to see a full copy of the funding press release. Additional details on the funding can also be found here.
1010data analytics business intelligence funding India Manthan Systems Mohan Kumar NVP retail analytics The Retail Equation