- RT @VentureBeat: @ClearDataNet scores $14M to bring health IT to the cloud http://t.co/6h9ipZhP5u by @EricBlattberg - posted 5 days ago
- @ClearDATA Lands $14M To Give The Healthcare HIPAA-Compliant Cloud Alternative To @AWS @Rackspace http://t.co/lSLgPnNHl9 @norwestvp - posted 5 days ago
- RT @BlueJeansNet: Cisco's Tough Sell for Video Conferencing http://t.co/A8QPaZmecM via @BW - posted 2 weeks ago
- “@DomainVeggies: #FF @jbrod @BatteryVentures @NorwestVP @timolehes @kevinrose @vcrecruiter @BobDavisHCP @DJMartirano @KristinCalve @rowe" - posted 2 weeks ago
- @HAdamGhobarah @NorwestVP @VentureBeat So true. As an outsider looking in, looks like they were fighting above their body weight. - posted 2 weeks ago
- A huge congrats to the Skybox team! “Dnepr rocket successfully launched & SkySat-1 has officially reached orbit.” http://t.co/3kdUuvzZOv - posted 3 weeks ago
- .@TopoAthletic Laces Up for Speed and Rugged Trails http://t.co/i8TPI8jD1C - posted 3 weeks ago
- Newton-based @TopoAthletic rolls out new line of minimalist running shoes http://t.co/H7jKTCpTNT via @BostonBizNews - posted 3 weeks ago
- Smart proactive customer service that delivers results – Interview with Jim Dicso of @SundaySky http://t.co/HqyRD7rpcF - posted 3 weeks ago
- .@Lumosity's latest research shows that we can learn quicker http://t.co/245Cmo2G4D via @pandodaily - posted 3 weeks ago
- @VCSerge Many thanks, Sergio - we appreciate your support! @samarbirwadker @NorwestVP - posted 4 weeks ago
- @Deloitte Tech #Fast500 @FireEye @elementaltech @Apigee @ActOnSoftware @Sojern @Lumosity @adaptiveplans @Rackspace http://t.co/lbCQEl4oZ6 - posted 4 weeks ago
- .@Apigee Ranked 34th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte 2013 Technology Fast 500™ http://t.co/w62YKBorpR - posted 4 weeks ago
- .@Veveo Named as CES Innovations 2014 Design and Engineering Award Honoree http://t.co/q6tvb47iCD - posted 4 weeks ago
- Quirky Raises $79m, including $30m from GE to make connected home gadgets &LizGannes @allthingsd http://t.co/fMoXiBCB6V” - posted 4 weeks ago
Tags1010data Adaptive Planning Big Data Blue Jeans Network BYOD Cloud e-commerce entrepreneur entrepreneurs FireEye funding Gemvara Gilt Groupe Hadapt Hadoop InsightsOne Jeff Crowe John Herr Josh Goldman Lending Club Manthan Systems Matt Howard MobileIron ModCloth Motif Investing Norwest Norwest Venture Partners NVP Pertino Pinterest Promod Haque Quirky Rafter recruiting RetailMeNot Robert Abbott SaaS Sergio Monsalve SMB social commerce social media SundaySky The Retail Equation venture capital WhaleShark Media
NVP’s Investment in Manthan Systems
Most VC’s say they look for several key attributes when an investment opportunity comes together. It usually has to do with the entrepreneurs and the team, technology, market opportunity, competitive differentiation and market traction. When Manthan Systems, a leading provider of Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions for the retail and consumer packaged goods industries, met with us and was seeking funding, it was obvious that this was an exciting investment opportunity for the firm. Last week NVP announced its investment in Manthan Systems.
The things we looked for in this investment all lined up:
- Experienced Team: The founding team – CEO & founder Atul Jalan, is a successful serial entrepreneur. He sold his previous company, NetKraft, also in the retail sector, to ADEA Inc. Manthan Systems’ CTO, Vikas Gupta, has more than 15 years of technology experience in the retail space and was part of the founding team, with Jalan, at NetKraft. Pete Charness, the president of U.S. operations, also has deep experience in the supply chain and retail sectors, and his expertise lies in product management and marketing. The combination of experience, domain expertise and previous working relationships of the team showed us that this group was not only capable of building a big business, but also could do so without some of the growing pains that inexperienced or unfamiliar teams might face.
- Market Opportunity: Gartner estimated that the retail sector business application software market was an $8.1B market in 2009. This industry has only grown and become more sophisticated. Additionally, Gartner estimates that the retail analytics market is segmented and there are more that 10,000 + small to medium retailers (a 0.5B – $2B market) worldwide. This is a tremendous opportunity for Manthan to pursue many customers worldwide.
- Market Traction: Today, Manthan’s retail performance management solutions have been deployed with 70 of the biggest names in retail such as McDonald’s, Crocs, Ecco, Love’s, Ashley Stewart, Teavana, Robinsons, Ripley, Woolworth, SM Retail, Mydin, Abenson, Haggen and GAME Group Plc.
We are pleased and honored to support the Manthan team. As I noted in the press release, backing Manthan reinforces NVP’s belief in the next generation business analytics sector as shown through the firm’s recent investments in such companies as 1010data and The Retail Equation (TRE). For more information visit Manthan Systems, or click here to see a full copy of the funding press release. Additional details on the funding can also be found here.
1010data analytics business intelligence funding India Manthan Systems Mohan Kumar NVP retail analytics The Retail Equation