- @VCSerge on Executive-in-Residence Program @NorwestVP-- Two Recent Case Studies http://t.co/K2WBfYefvL @AdaptivePlans @Badgeville - posted 2 days ago
- @PertinoNetworks Hires New VP of Engineering as It Moves Towards General Availability http://t.co/EbcWBhC9qV - posted 2 days ago
- @VCSerge on Executive-in-Residence Program @NorwestVP-- Two Recent Case Studies http://t.co/K2WBfYefvL @AdaptivepPans @Badgeville - posted 2 days ago
- Gartner Names @capillarytech a 'Cool Vendor' http://t.co/fj2McPVLYb - posted 2 days ago
- RT @CareCloud: RT @venturebeat: @CareCloud CEO says Doctors scared they will lose money due to new technology http://t.co/OEKLVjsDqV - posted 3 days ago
- RT @VentureBeat: Performance management biz Adaptive Planning nets $45M http://t.co/mzPQuS8M0Z by @seanludwig - posted 3 days ago
- Catch NVP's @babbottnvp as a judge at this afternoon's Grand Rounds Innovation Showdown at #HealthBeat: http://t.co/rYIn9dYV0H - posted 3 days ago
- NVP's @promodhaque will be on the "VC and Growth Equity Landscape in Health IT" panel today at #HealthBeat: http://t.co/rYIn9dYV0H - posted 4 days ago
- The @ApigeeInstitute Launches to Help the Global 2000 Succeed in the App Economy http://t.co/WJvv3bjDcp - posted 1 week ago
- Congrats to NVP’s @mattdhoward named as one of “The 19 Best Enterprise Tech Venture Capitalists” by @BusinessInsider http://t.co/GrQxVzlHcH - posted 1 week ago
- Can you train your brain? @Lumosity, BrainHQ say yes | Fox News http://t.co/pjRQfJ7I2C via @foxnews - posted 1 week ago
- Five minutes with: Krish Ramakrishnan, CEO, @BlueJeansNet http://t.co/bpxWWi6HYH - posted 1 week ago
- RT @Quirky: Did you catch our founder @BenKaufman on TV this morning? Video here: http://t.co/L5I4LvZwD0 #CNBCdisruptors - posted 1 week ago
- Join @promodhaque and @babbottnvp at the health event of the year: #HealthBeat 2013, May 20-21, San Francisco, CA http://t.co/3dT29mFG7Y - posted 1 week ago
- .@FreeShippingCom Introduces a New Member Benefit: 5% Cash Back on Online Purchases http://t.co/LCZcSdCWaG - posted 2 weeks ago
- Executive-in-Residence Program at Norwest Venture Partners — Two Recent Case Studies
- 5 Things You Need to Do to Put Your First Funding Round to Best Use
- The Early eCommerce Marketplace Pioneers — The eBay Class of 2000-2005
- Why We Like Investing in Financial Technologies
- In Tech’s Speeding Locomotive, Enterprise is the Engine
Tags1010data Adaptive Planning Big Data Cloud e-commerce entrepreneur entrepreneurs financial technologies FireEye funding Gemvara Gilt Groupe Hadapt Hadoop InsightsOne Jeff Crowe John Herr Josh Goldman Lending Club Manta Manthan Systems Matt Howard MobileIron ModCloth Motif Investing Norwest Norwest Venture Partners NVP Pinterest Promod Haque Quirky Rackspace Rafter recruiting RetailMeNot Robert Abbott SaaS Sergio Monsalve SMB social commerce social media SundaySky The Retail Equation venture capital WhaleShark Media
NVP’s Investment in Manthan Systems
Most VC’s say they look for several key attributes when an investment opportunity comes together. It usually has to do with the entrepreneurs and the team, technology, market opportunity, competitive differentiation and market traction. When Manthan Systems, a leading provider of Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions for the retail and consumer packaged goods industries, met with us and was seeking funding, it was obvious that this was an exciting investment opportunity for the firm. Last week NVP announced its investment in Manthan Systems.
The things we looked for in this investment all lined up:
- Experienced Team: The founding team – CEO & founder Atul Jalan, is a successful serial entrepreneur. He sold his previous company, NetKraft, also in the retail sector, to ADEA Inc. Manthan Systems’ CTO, Vikas Gupta, has more than 15 years of technology experience in the retail space and was part of the founding team, with Jalan, at NetKraft. Pete Charness, the president of U.S. operations, also has deep experience in the supply chain and retail sectors, and his expertise lies in product management and marketing. The combination of experience, domain expertise and previous working relationships of the team showed us that this group was not only capable of building a big business, but also could do so without some of the growing pains that inexperienced or unfamiliar teams might face.
- Market Opportunity: Gartner estimated that the retail sector business application software market was an $8.1B market in 2009. This industry has only grown and become more sophisticated. Additionally, Gartner estimates that the retail analytics market is segmented and there are more that 10,000 + small to medium retailers (a 0.5B – $2B market) worldwide. This is a tremendous opportunity for Manthan to pursue many customers worldwide.
- Market Traction: Today, Manthan’s retail performance management solutions have been deployed with 70 of the biggest names in retail such as McDonald’s, Crocs, Ecco, Love’s, Ashley Stewart, Teavana, Robinsons, Ripley, Woolworth, SM Retail, Mydin, Abenson, Haggen and GAME Group Plc.
We are pleased and honored to support the Manthan team. As I noted in the press release, backing Manthan reinforces NVP’s belief in the next generation business analytics sector as shown through the firm’s recent investments in such companies as 1010data and The Retail Equation (TRE). For more information visit Manthan Systems, or click here to see a full copy of the funding press release. Additional details on the funding can also be found here.
1010data analytics business intelligence funding India Manthan Systems Mohan Kumar NVP retail analytics The Retail Equation