- NVP VP Recruiting Teri McFadden hosts Sales Culture, SPIFFs and Gamification panel at NVP Inside Sales Summit http://t.co/56zbA5sgYF - posted 18 hours ago
- CRO Shawn Naggiar from @ActOnSoftware on sales measurement and metrics at the NVP Inside Sales Summit. #insidesales http://t.co/Pjo3OBbXVS - posted 19 hours ago
- .@meraki co-founder Hans Robertson on the Sales Recipe for Success at NVP Inside Sales Summit #venture http://t.co/LCcD6HN3Zs - posted 19 hours ago
- @BlueJeansNet on sales workflow and staffing at NVP Inside Sales Summit @NorwestVP http://t.co/hgzzi0qPVI - posted 20 hours ago
- VP of Sales Shadi Baqleh @BlueJeansNet on sales workflow and staffing at NVP Inside Sales Summit http://t.co/fNh2ePacQ8 - posted 20 hours ago
- Jeff Williams and Christina Foley from @FireEye talking sales at the NVP Inside Sales Summit. #insidesales http://t.co/XVUPTRd3Mm - posted 21 hours ago
- Getting ready for the NVP Inside Sales Summit @FireEye @BlueJeansNet @ActOnSoftware #venture #insidesales http://t.co/oog8pNfUYE - posted 22 hours ago
- .@FireEye CEO Dave DeWalt will appear on @CNBC at 10:20 ET following the bell ringing... http://t.co/7cwTupeDTJ http://t.co/BqVUHM2UFh - posted 6 days ago
- @Spotify Acquires @echonest, Gaining Control Of The Music DNA Company http://t.co/1ha4sa8Rue via @TechCrunch @NorwestVP - posted 6 days ago
- @Spotify Acquires @echonest, Gaining Control Of The Music DNA Company http://t.co/byXZTnkgd1 via @TechCrunch @NorwestVP - posted 6 days ago
- @Spotify Acquires @EchoNest, Gaining Control Of The Music DNA Company http://t.co/KqMOfkLihe via @techcrunch @norwestvp - posted 6 days ago
- Spotify Acquires The Echo Nest, Gaining Control Of The Music DNA Company That Powers... http://t.co/YvrHPIuvc0 http://t.co/OUHlj0uORT - posted 6 days ago
- The Morning Leverage: Norwest Pumps New Capital Into Heart Safety - Private Equity Beat... http://t.co/j14Jic3dR4 http://t.co/eKrdNrCrRH - posted 6 days ago
- @topoathletic featured on @theactivetimes 20 Best Running Shoes of 2014 List @NorwestVP http://t.co/Oeox6kveTJ http://t.co/BX3tglKENL - posted 6 days ago
- @topoathletic featured in @theactivetimes 20 Best Running Shoes of 2014 List @NorwestVP http://t.co/nuFh7LSA0N http://t.co/oupPvZxivs - posted 6 days ago
TagsAdaptive Planning AdExchanger ad tech Big Data Blue Jeans Network BYOD CareCloud Cloud e-commerce entrepreneur entrepreneurs FireEye funding Gemvara Gilt Groupe growth equity Hadapt InsightsOne Jeff Crowe Josh Goldman Lending Club Manthan Systems Matt Howard MobileIron ModCloth Motif Investing Norwest Norwest Venture Partners NVP Pertino Pinterest Promod Haque Quirky Rafter Ran Ding RetailMeNot Robert Abbott SaaS Sergio Monsalve SMB social commerce SundaySky The Retail Equation venture capital WhaleShark Media
Thoughts on Entrepreneurship- IBM SmartCamp Global Finals 2012
I recently spoke on two investor panels at the SmartCamp Global Finals, an exclusive IBM event aimed at identifying early stage entrepreneurs who are developing business ventures that align with IBM’s “Smarter Planet” vision. Our firm has a long-standing relationship with IBM, and I was honored to be a part of such a compelling event where I could exchange ideas with aspiring entrepreneurs and IBM business leaders such as Jim Corgel and Mike Riegel.
IBM has a unique business model when it comes to working with VCs and entrepreneurs, so it’s not surprising that the venture community has worked closely with the company for more than a decade to identify trends, partnerships and potential new businesses. Venture capitalists thrive on understanding the unmet needs of the marketplace, and when we talk to IBM, we learn a lot about these technology shifts and pain points that ultimately help guide us as we put dollars to work and build new companies.
Below is a video of the first VC panel on which I participated at SmartCamp, which concluded with an engaging question and answer session between SmartCamp’s entrepreneur participants and the panel.
Here is a video of the second panel on which I participated called, “The New Intelligence: The Power of Insight,” with Evangelos Simoudis, Managing Director, Trident Capital and Alexandra Johnson, Managing Director, DFJ VTB Aurora. Mike Riegel, VP of ISVs, Startups, Developers, and Academic Programs at IBM, moderated the session where we discussed the growth of global entrepreneurship and the worldwide opportunities that exist for big data and analytics.
In the video below, also taken during the IBM SmartCamp Global Finals, I discuss our recent investment in CareCloud, co-winner of the Silicon Valley SmartCamp 2010 and a global SmartCamp finalist that same year. In addition, I talk about our history working with IBM and NVP’s participation in past SmartCamps.