- RT @CareCloud: RT @venturebeat: @CareCloud CEO says Doctors scared they will lose money due to new technology http://t.co/OEKLVjsDqV - posted 18 hours ago
- RT @VentureBeat: Performance management biz Adaptive Planning nets $45M http://t.co/mzPQuS8M0Z by @seanludwig - posted 21 hours ago
- Catch NVP's @babbottnvp as a judge at this afternoon's Grand Rounds Innovation Showdown at #HealthBeat: http://t.co/rYIn9dYV0H - posted 21 hours ago
- NVP's @promodhaque will be on the "VC and Growth Equity Landscape in Health IT" panel today at #HealthBeat: http://t.co/rYIn9dYV0H - posted 2 days ago
- The @ApigeeInstitute Launches to Help the Global 2000 Succeed in the App Economy http://t.co/WJvv3bjDcp - posted 6 days ago
- Congrats to NVP’s @mattdhoward named as one of “The 19 Best Enterprise Tech Venture Capitalists” by @BusinessInsider http://t.co/GrQxVzlHcH - posted 6 days ago
- Can you train your brain? @Lumosity, BrainHQ say yes | Fox News http://t.co/pjRQfJ7I2C via @foxnews - posted 7 days ago
- Five minutes with: Krish Ramakrishnan, CEO, @BlueJeansNet http://t.co/bpxWWi6HYH - posted 1 week ago
- RT @Quirky: Did you catch our founder @BenKaufman on TV this morning? Video here: http://t.co/L5I4LvZwD0 #CNBCdisruptors - posted 1 week ago
- Join @promodhaque and @babbottnvp at the health event of the year: #HealthBeat 2013, May 20-21, San Francisco, CA http://t.co/3dT29mFG7Y - posted 1 week ago
- .@FreeShippingCom Introduces a New Member Benefit: 5% Cash Back on Online Purchases http://t.co/LCZcSdCWaG - posted 1 week ago
- Veveo Awarded Two New Patents for its Semantic Search, Discovery and Personalization Technologies http://t.co/NaTX5rmzgN - posted 1 week ago
- RT @promodhaque: InsightsOne to Deliver Predictive Intelligence for Independence Blue Cross http://t.co/2wVb2RWRSF - posted 2 weeks ago
- Cyan Celebrates Initial Public Offering and First Day of Trading on the New York Stock Exchange http://t.co/oFXFYYo9Iy - posted 2 weeks ago
- Cyan Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering - Yahoo! Finance http://t.co/u308EqKiOY @YahooFinance - posted 2 weeks ago
Tags1010data Adaptive Planning Big Data Cloud e-commerce entrepreneur entrepreneurs financial technologies FireEye funding Gemvara Gilt Groupe Hadapt Hadoop InsightsOne Jeff Crowe John Herr Josh Goldman Lending Club Manta Manthan Systems Matt Howard MobileIron ModCloth Motif Investing Norwest Norwest Venture Partners NVP Pinterest Promod Haque Quirky Rackspace Rafter recruiting RetailMeNot Robert Abbott SaaS Sergio Monsalve SMB social commerce social media SundaySky The Retail Equation venture capital WhaleShark Media
Click here to view the livestream of Structure 2012. Matt Howard will serve as a judge on the LaunchPad panel today at 5:00 p.m.
GigaOM’s Structure event this week reminds me of the well-documented relationship between economic crises and technological innovation: Hard times bring out the best in entrepreneurs, precipitating a creative destruction that resets the technology infrastructure and transforms business.… Read more …
It’s rare, when you have a chance to back a successful entrepreneur three times in a row, and that’s exactly what we are doing today with our venture investment in ClearDATA.
I was recently interviewed by John Bautista, Partner in the Emerging Companies Group at Orrick, regarding the areas in which I am interested in investing, as well as the up-and-coming trends that are currently energizing me as an investor. There are many new and exciting technologies on the horizon, but the three that I am most enthusiastic about are the following:
Historically, we saw venture investing trending toward technology opportunities catering to either large enterprises or consumers. Many VC’s avoided investing in technology companies focused on small and medium-sized businesses (SMB). The conventional wisdom was that this sector suffered from three hurdles, which made it very difficult to build long-lasting and profitable businesses:
- Customer acquisition and retention costs are low compared to lifetime value.